Recital Update: Pizza, Recital details, Contest Prizes & more
Sunday, October 27, 2019 by Trevor Eisenman | Uncategorized
Here is a brief summary of information regarding today's recital. Please read all points, I've kept it as simple and concise as possible.
Time: 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Address: 4451 Dunsmore Ave
Location: Sanctuary (the bigger building)
Parking: Street parking only
Potluck: If you wish to contribute to a Big Mama's pizza order, bring cash for the Pizza Bucket. We will supply water, plates, etc.
Donation: Please bring a cash donation towards the use of the recital hall, 100% of the donation will go to the Acensia homeless shelter program.
The overall event schedule is:
3:00 - 3:30 Sign in
3:30 - 4:45 Performances
4:45 - 5:00 Costume Contest
5:00 - 6:00 Potluck
NOTE: There will be an event program that lists the performers by name, in alphabetical order, NOT performance order (as keepsake). Since some families have time constraints but I also don't know exactly when they will arrive, we are trying out a different way of organizing who performs and when. How exactly will be explained when you sign in and I'll mention during the recital.
Costume Contest: There will be a costume contest! Students are not required to wear a costume. Anyone may participate.
Facebook Photo Contest: Every photo you take of the event and upload to our Facebook Page (@allinstrumentsallages) counts as an entry!
Facebook Photo Contest Rules
- The prize is a gift card worth $130 (a month of free lessons).
- Photos must be uploaded to Facebook by November 5th to qualify.
- Please upload photos to the Halloween Recital photo album. The album is the newest post, so you should be able to find it pretty easily. TIP: Adding photos is probably going to be easier on a desktop than a mobile device.
Any photos with 10+ Likes (any online interaction) by Nov 5th count as one additional entry
- Photos do not have to be of the performers only, but must be family friendly, obviously. We reserve the right to take down any inappropriate photos.
- Please be considerate of the fact that some families will prefer not to participate. Ask or only submit photos that include your own children, adults etc.
- The winner will be announced by Nov 10th.
That should cover it! See you later today!
♫ Trevor Eisenman
Fun Music School
Fall Package Special - Registration extension!
Saturday, October 19, 2019 by Trevor Eisenman | Package Specials
2 Free Music Lessons with a 4 Month Package Valid Sep 12 - Oct 30
Purchase 4 months of music lesson in advance, get 2 free music lessons discounted off the 5th month ($64 value!). Use promo code "2FREE" when registering for a free intro lesson with an experienced teacher.
Registration has been extended to Oct 31st!
Halloween Recital 2019 Date & Info
Thursday, October 3, 2019 by Trevor Eisenman | Performances
The Halloween Recital date will be on Sunday, Oct 27th, from 3pm to 6pm at our La Crescenta studio at 4451 Dunsmore Ave.
I was hoping to book Saturday, but turned out there was already an event booked that weekend at the church. So, Sunday it is!
- Visit www.funmusic4u.com. Use the “Forgot Password” feature if you haven’t logged in before. Whichever parent registered a student was automatically sent login info for the Parent Portal at the time of registration.
- Once logged in, click on Calendar (left-side menu)
- Use the View button to change the Calendar from daily to monthly (top right of calendar)
- Find the date and click the event
- Click the Register link. You’re done!
What to Expect
If this is your first recital with Fun Music School, here’s what to expect for Halloween:
- Performances: Participation is encouraged, but optional. Students may perform any piece they wish, we only ask NO CHRISTMAS holiday pieces. There will be a card to fill out at the recital to write down which piece will be performed.
- Costume Contest: Dressing in costume is optional (students, parents, pets...). The audience votes on each performer’s costume for their favorites in different categories:
Most Gross (ewwww...)
We’d love some giveaway items for the winners and raffle giveaways for extra fun. Got some? It’s ok to promote your own business with the giveaway, but of course, it should be family friendly.
- Potluck: We’ve timed the event to end around dinner time. Please bring some food to share with the bonus of not having to make dinner after the recital! If you’d rather chip in for a Big Mama's and Papa’s 3-foot pizza, let me know and bring about $5 to the recital. We don’t charge for recitals, so there’s no budget for extras.
- Help the Homeless: We do have to cover the cost of using the facilities for the recital. Please bring $5-10 (or more if you wish) for the donation tin (or more likely, plastic pumpkin!). All of the funds will be forwarded by UU to Ascencia (www.ascenciaca.org), which is dedicated to helping the homeless find a home.
Anyone may attend the recital, even if they don’t plan to perform. Please feel free to invite your family members, friends and neighbors to attend and cheer on the performers. A big crowd makes a big difference!
♫ Trevor Eisenman
Fun Music School
All Instruments, All Ages
Serving the Crescenta Valley since 2003